Q1. What is the number of Judges (including Chief Justice) in the Supreme Court of India as provided in the Constitution of India?
Q2. Who among the following was the advisor of the Drafting Committee of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) B. Shiva Rao
(b) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
(c) Sachidananda Sinha
(d) B.N. Rao
Q3. Which of the following statements is/are not violative of the principle of federalism?
1. The President of India takes over administration of provinces under the emergency provisions.
2. The Parliament of India has exclusive power to make any law with respect to any matter not enumerated in the Concurrent List or State List.
3. The distribution of powers between the Union and Provinces is done through three different lists enumerated in the Constitution of India. Select the correct answer using the
code given below:
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 3 only
(d) 1 and 3
Q4. The Parliament can legislate on the subjects in the State List if the
(a) President issues an order authorizing it to do so
(b) Supreme Court gives authority to the Parliament in this regard
(c) Rajya Sabha passes a resolution by two-thirds of its members present and voting, declaring it expedient to legislate on a State matter in the national interest
(d) Prime Minister issues a special order
Q5. Statement I: The Constitution of India is a liberal Constitution.
Statement II: It provides Fundamental Rights to individuals.
(a) Both the statements are individually true and Statement II is the correct explanation of Statement I.
(b) Both the statements ‘are individually true but Statement II is not the correct explanation of Statement I.
(c) Statement I is true but Statement II is false.
(d) Statement I is false but Statement II is true.
Q6. The current Economic Census of India, the fifth in the series, was conducted in the year
Q7. Consider the following statements.
1. The G20 was established in 2008 in the wake of the global financial crisis led by the USA.
2. It brings together the major advanced and emerging economies to stabilise the global financial market.
3. India’s stand on Mutual Assessment Process (MAP) for measuring imbalances between surplus and deficit economies in the Seoul Conference of G20 in the year 2010 was firmly endorsed by all the nations.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 3 only
Q8. Who is author of One Night———–the Call Centre?
(a) Vikram Seth
(b) Chetan Bhagat
(c) Anurag Mathur
(d) Robin Sharma
Q9. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the
codes given below the Lists: List-I List-II (Specialized Agency of UN) (Headquarters)
A. International Bank for ———–1. Montreal Reconstruction and Development
B. International Civil ———–2. London Aviation Organization
C. International Maritime ———–3. Rome Organization
D. International Labour ———–4. Washington DC Organization
Codes: ABCD A B C D
(a) 3 1 2 4
(b) 3 2 1 4
(c) 4 2 1 3
(d) 4 1 2 3
Q10. In which city is the Flushing Meadow. Corona Park-the venue of Us Open Tennis Tournament located?
(b) New York
(c) Washington DC
(d) Los Angeles
Q11. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the
codes given below the lists:
List I (Exponent) List II (Dance form)
A. Surendranath Jena ———–1. Kathakali
B. Pushpa Bhuyan ———–2. Kathak
C. Birju Maharaj ———–3. Bharat Natyam
D. Sankaran Embranthiri ———–4. Odissi
Codes: A B C D
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 4 3 2 1
(c) 1 3 2 1
(d) 4 2 3 1
Q12. Consider the following paragraph and identify with the help of the
code given below the Church referred to therein: Considered as one of the best examples of baroque architecture in India, this World Heritage Monument is dedicated to Infant Jesus. It houses the sacred relics of St. Francis Xavier, the patron saint, who died in 1552.
(a) Santa Cruz Basilica
(b) St. Francis Church
(c) Church of the Holy Cross
(d) Basilica of Bom Jesus
Q13. Consider the following passage and identify the form of dance theatre referred thereto using the
code given below. This is a uniquely traditional form of dance theatre of India with a formidable classical background. The main essence of this form of dance drama is its attachment with religion, which provides the most common theme for its plays. The performance begins with a prayer offering to the Lord Ganesha, which is followed by a comedy act, accompanied by the background music of the Chenda and the Maddale, and a tala (cymbals) played by a team of three. The narrator, who is also a part of the team is called Bhagavata, and is the producer, the director, and the head of the ceremony. His primary task involves the narration of the story through songs, introduction of the characters, and occasionally conversing with them. Another unique feature of it is the totally unrehearsed and unwritten use of dialogues. which makes it so special.
Q14. Indian Army’s counter- insurgency school is situated in
Q15. Navroze is a festival celebrated in India by the
1. (c) 2. (d) 3. (b) 4. (c) 5. (d) 6. (a) 7. (c) 8. (B) 9. (d) 10. (b) 11. (b) 12. (d) 13. (b) 14. (d) 15. (c)
1. The Supreme Court originally consisted of a ChiefJustice and seven other judges. In 1985, the strength was increased. It comprises the chief justice and not more than 25 other judge.
2. The advisor of the drafting committee of the constituent assembly was Sir B.N. Rao.
3. The Parliament of India has exclusive power to make any law with respect to any matter not enumerated in the Concurrent List or State List. The distribution of powers between the Union and Provinces is done through three different lists enumerated in the Constitution of India.
4. State list consists of 61 items (previously 66 items). Uniformity is desirable but not essential on items in this list: maintaining law and order, police forces, healthcare, transport, land policies, electricity in state, village administration, etc. The state legislature has exclusive power to make laws on these subjects. But in certain circumstances, the parliament can also make laws on subjects mentioned in the State list. Then the parliament has to pass a resolution with 2/3rd majority that it is expedient to legislate on this state list in the national interest. Though states have exclusive powers to legislate with regards to items on the State list, articles 249, 250, 252, and 253 state situations in which the federal government can legislate on these items.
5. A constitution may be rigid or flexible, but rigid constitution cann’t be amended easily. Indian constitution is a mixture of both because laws/ acts are made and amended by adopting the legislative procedures.
6. The Fifth Economic Census of India was conducted in 2005.
7. G-20 was established in 1999 in the wake of the global financial crisis led by the USA.
9. International Bank for Reconstruction and development (IBRD) is head quarterd at Washington D.C, USA. Its main objectives to offer loans to member developing countries willing to engage in projects that will increase their productive capacities and reduce poverty. The International Labour Organization (ILO) was set up in 1919 as an autonomous body within the League of Nations. Its headquarters is in Geneva, Switzerland, ICAO was set up on April 4, 1947. The headquarter of the ICAO is in Rome, Italy. IMO was established in 1948. The headquarter is in London, the U.K.
11. Surendranath Jena (Odissi), Pushpa Bhuyan (Bharat Natyam), Birju Maharaj (Kathak) and Shankaran Embranthiri (Kathakali) are the world fame dancers of India.
12. The Basilica of Bom Jesus is located in Goa, India is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The basilica holds the mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier. The church is located in Old Goa, which was the capital of Goa in the early days of Portuguese rule.’Bom Jesus’ (literally, Holy Jesus) is the name used for the infant Jesus. The Jesuit church is India’s first Minor Basilica, and is considered as one of the best examples of baroque architecture in India.
13. The Chenda cylindrical percussion instrument used in the Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka in India. The Chenda is mainly played in Hindu Temple festivals.
14. The counter in surgency school is located at. Vairengle in Mizoram. It was established in 1967 and also teaches jungle warfare.