Q1. What is the term of a Member of the Rajya Sabha?
(a) Three years
(b) Four years
(c) Five years
(d) Six years
Q2. Which of the following are the principles of the Panchsheel?
1. Peaceful co-existence
2. Mutual protection of the environment
3. Mutual protection of indigenous population.
4. Mutual non-aggression. Select the correct answer using the
code given below:
(a) 2 and 3 only
(b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 1, 2 and 4
(d) 1 and 4 only
Q3. Who can initiate impeachment proceedings against the President of India?
(a) Only Lok Sabha
(b) Only Rajya Sabha
(c) Either House of the Parliament
(d) Any Legislative Assembly
Q4. When an ordinary Bill is referred to a joint sitting of both the Houses of Indian Parliament, it has to be passed by a
(a) simple majority of the total number of members of both the Houses present and voting
(b) two-third majority of the total number of members of both the Houses
(c) simple majority of the total number of members of both the Houses
(d) two-third majority of the total number of members of both the Houses present and voting
Q5. Which one among the following statements is correct? The press in democracy must
(a) be free and impartial
(b) be committed to the policies of the government
(c) highlight the achievement of the government without criticizing its policies
(d) criticize the policies of the government
Q6. In which of the following years was the planning commission set up in India?
Q7. Which of the following regarding Revised Macro Management of Agriculture Scheme (2008-2009) is/are correct?
1. Allocate funds to States and Union Territories on a criterion based on gross cropped area and area under small and marginal holdings.
2. The assistance is provided to the States and Union Territories as 100% grant. Select the correct answer using the
code given below
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
Q8. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched? UN Organisation Headquarters
(a) UNESCO: Geneva
(b) IMF: Paris
(c) ILO: Washington
Q9. In the United Nations, who decides the quantum of contribution of each member to the income resources of the UN?
(a) Trusteeship Council
(b) Economic and Social Council
(c) Security Council
(d) General Assembly
Q10. How is Asafa Powell well-known as?
(b) Football Player
(d) 100m Sprinter
Q11. 41. Match ListI with List-II and slect the correct answer using the
code given below the lists: List-I List-II
A. Explanation of the ———–1. J.J. Thomson photo-electric effect
B. Discovery of a comet ———–2. Robert Millikan
C. Measurement of the ———–3. Einstein electronic charge
D. Thermoelectricity ———–4. Edmund Halley5. Seebeck
Codes: ABCD A B C D
(a) 3 2 4 5
(b) 5 1 4 3
(c) 5 4 1 3
(d) 3 4 2 5
Q12. Areawise, which one of the following is the largest Lok Sabha constituency?
(d) Patna Sahib
Q13. Operation Vajraprahar is the joint counter-terrorism exercise between Indian Army and
(a) US Army
(b) Chinese Army
(c) Russian Army
(d) Nepalese Army
Q14. ‘Milan’ is
1. an annual gathering of Navies of Indian Ocean countries
2. conducted at Chennai
3. a joint anti terrorism exercise
4. aimed an enhancing inter-operability among navies Select the correct answer using the
codes given below.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 4
(d) 3 and 4
Q15. The only operational Naval Base exclusively controlled by the Indian Navy is located at
1. (d) 2. (D) 3. (c) 4. (a) 5. (a) 6. (d) 7. (c) 8. (d) 9. (a) 10. (d) 11. (d) 12. (c) 13. (a) 14. (c) 15. (c)
1. The Rajya Sabha is a permanent house, not subject to disolution, one third of its members retiring after every two years. Thus every member enjoys a 6-year tenure.
3. Either house of the parliament can initiate impeachment proceedings against the president of India.
4. Joint session is presided over by the speaker of Lok Sabha or in his absence by the Deputy Speaker.
5. A press in democracy must be free and impartial.
6. In March 1950, Government of India constituted a statutory body with the Prime Minister of India as its chairman called Planning Commission of India.
7. Under the revised macro management of agriculture scheme, the funds are allocated and assisted to the state and union territories on the basis of gross cropped area.
8. A. The headquarter of UNESCO is in Paris (France). B. The headquarter of IMF is in Washington (United States of America). It controls montery fund. C. The headquarter of ILO is in Geneva (Switzerland). D. The headquarter of UNIDO is Vienna (Austria).
10. Asafa Powell well known for 100 m Sprinter.
11. Explanation of the – Einstein photoelectric effect Discovery of a comet – Edmund Halley. Measurement of the – Robert Millikan electronic charge Thermoelectricity – Seebeck
12. Ladakh is the largest Lok Sabha constituency (in areawise).
13. Indian and American armed forces have begun joint maneuvres on counter-terrorism in Mizoram. The three week-long ‘Operation Vajraprahar’ will be the fourth round of joint exercises between the special forces of the two countries.
15. INS Kadamba is an Indian Navy base located near Karwar in Karnataka. The first phase of construction of the base, code-named Project Seabird, was completed in 2005. Development of Phase II commenced in 2011. INS Kadamba is the third largest Indian naval base.