QUESTION SELECTION :
- Sections are not asked in a set pattern in this exam and you are free to start with any section you wish. So, ensure that you select the questions smartly.
- Always start with the section that you have a good hold over.
- Go for the less time consuming topics first. These are –
1. English Language – Cloze test, spotting errors, fillers, vocab questions from RC.
2. Quantitative Aptitude – Number Series, Simplification/ Approximation, Data Interpretation.
3. Reasoning Ability – Syllogism, Inequality, Coding – Decoding, Blood relations, direction sense etc.
- Attempting good number of questions since the beginning will also boost your morale.
TIME MANAGEMENT :
- This is one of the most important parameter to clear SBI PO prelims.
- Sectional time division is not available in the prelims exam, so you need to be very careful with the time you spend on each section.
- This is because you need to clear the sectional as well as overall cutoff and unless you spend sufficient time on each section, you will not be able to achieve that.
- This is another important parameter that you need to take care of in the prelims exam.
- Prelims exam is basically a test of time management, speed and accuracy.
- Make sure that you maintain proper speed since the start of the exam to ensure that you attempt sufficient questions in the exam.
ACCURACY AND NEGATIVE MARKING :
- What is the point of attempting 70+ questions if you cannot attempt them accurately?
- Accuracy will play a key role in determining your score for the prelims exam.
- Make sure that you attempt questions accurately since you’ll end up losing more marks than you would score if you commit errors.
TAKE A MEMORY BASED EXAM :
STAY CALM AND TREAT PAPER ON MERIT :
• At the end, remember that it’s a competitive exam. If the paper is too tough, it’s tough for everyone. Similarly, if it’s easy — it’ll be easy for everyone. If you take advice from toppers, they’ll only say that you should only think about making it your best attempt. So, do not panic even if you come across any new pattern based question in the exam.