CVC to develop Integrity Index of 25 Government Organizations
• The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has decided to develop Integrity Index of 25 Government Organizations in line with its broader strategy and emphasis on preventive vigilance.
Government announces Bank Recapitalization Plan to infuse Rs. 2.11 lakh crore capital in PSBs
• The Union Government has announced Bank Recapitalisation Plan to infuse Rs. 2.11 lakh crore ( $32.4 billion) capital over next two years into public sector banks (PSBs) and prioritised financing support for MSMEs in 50 clusters.
Bharat Mala Pariyojana : Government to build 83,677 km of infrastructure projects
• The Union Government has announced to build 83,677km of roads, highways, greenfield expressways and bridges with investment of Rs.6.92 lakh core in next five years i.e. by 2022 to further optimise efficiency of movement of goods and people across the country.
SC bans dirty pet-coke, furnace oil in Haryana, Rajasthan, UP
• The Supreme Court banned use of pet-coke and dirty furnace oil in Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh from November 1, 2017 in a bid to reduce air pollution in Delhi and National Capital Region (NCR).
Girija Devi: Queen of Thumri passes away
• Eminent classical singer Girija Devi passed away following a cardiac arrest at age of 88. She was considered as queen of thumri, a common genre of semi-classical Indian music. Girija Devi She was born in zamindar family at village near Banaras on May 8, 1929.
CSIR-NIIST scientists develop organic near-infrared filter
• Scientists from Thiruvananthapuram based CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (CSIR-NIIST) have developed organic filter that allows only near-infrared (NIR) light to pass through it.
Ministries of Power & Textiles join hands for SAATHI initiative
• Ministries of Power and Textiles have joined hands under SAATHI (Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to Help small Industries) initiative.