PM launches South Asia’s first Ro-Ro ferry service in Gujarat
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated first phase of Ro-Ro (roll-on, roll-off) ferry service between Ghogha in Bhavnagar district and Dahej in Bharuch district in the Gulf of Cambay, Gujarat.
Sri Lankan Coast Guard commissions OPV SURAKSHA gifted by India
• Sri Lankan Coast Guard has commissioned Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) SURAKSHA gifted by India at Colombo port. It is first OPV of Sri Lankan Coast Guard.
Denmark Open: Kidambi Srikanth wins third Super Series title
• India’s ace shuttler Kidambi Srikanth (World No. 8) won US $750,000 Denmark Open title of badminton in the men’s single category.
HRD Ministry pushes for cash-free campuses
• The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) is aiming to make financial transactions completely digital in all higher education institutions. Under this initiative, all public and private institutions including Central and State universities will be fully digitised.
India wins 2017 Asia Cup hockey title
• India won 2017 Asia Cup hockey title by defeating Malaysia in the final match held in Dhaka, Bangladesh by 2-1 score. It was India’s overall third Asia Cup title and earlier it had won it in 2003 and 2007.
NASA extends Dawn Mission at dwarf planet Ceres
• The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has approved second extension of Dawn mission at Ceres dwarf planet which is the largest object in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.
Peru approves medicinal use of marijuana
• The Peruvian Congress has approved a bill to authorises the medicinal and therapeutic use of cannabis (marijuana) in the country.
GSTN launches excel-based offline tool to file initial GSTR-3B returns
• The Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) has launched excel-based offline facility to allow taxpayers to finalise their GSTR-3B forms on their own computers before uploading it onto the portal in order to minimise chances of errors before uploading on portal.