ISRO to launch Earth Observation Satellite
• Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is all set to launch earth observation satellite Cartosat-2 series weighing 712 kg and 30 nano-satellites using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
India and Portugal inks Agreement to Promote Cooperation in The Field of Archives
• India and Portugal have signed a protocol of cooperation in the field of archives.
• The agreement has been signed between the National Archives of India and the Ministry of Culture of the Portuguese Republic in Lisbon, Portugal.
Reliance Defence inks Pact with Serbia’s Yugoimport to Manufacture Ammunition in India
• Anil Ambani’s Reliance Defence Ammunition which is a subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure has entered into a strategic partnership with Serbia’s state-run Yugoimport to manufacture ammunition in India.
• The joint venture is expected to target business opportunities worth Rs 20,000 crore from Indian armed forces in the next 10 years.
NASA’s Kepler Telescope finds 10 Earth-Like Planets
• NASA’s Kepler Telescope has identified 10 Earth-like planets outside the solar system that are expected to host life due to their right size and temperature.
• This finding is a boost in the hope for life elsewhere.
Mumbai’s Taj Mahal Palace Hotel acquires ‘Image Trademark’
• Mumbai’s Taj Mahal Palace hotel has acquired an ‘image trademark‘ under the Trademark Act of 1999, making it is the first building in the country to acquire intellectual property rights protection for its architectural design.
• Henceforth, the image of Taj Mahal Palace hotel’s dome and exterior can be used only with the consent of Taj Hotels Palaces Resorts Safaris.
Energy Conservation Building Code 2017 Launched
• Minister of State for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines has launched the Energy Conservation Building Code 2017 (ECBC 2017).
• This updated version of the Code prescribes the energy performance standards for new commercial buildings to be constructed across India.
India ratifies UN TIR Convention in a bid to Counter China’s OBOR
• India has become the 71st nation to join the United Nations TIR (Transports Internationaux Routiers) Convention.
• India’s decision to join the convention is part of its multi-modal transport strategy that aims at integrating Indian economy with global and regional production networks through better connectivity.
Lockheed and Tata sign Pact to make F-16 Planes in India
• Lockheed Martin and India’s Tata Advanced Systems have signed a pact to produce F-16 fighter planes in India.
• The two companies have announced their agreement at the Paris Airshow.