Zero Hunger Programme to be launched in October.
• India’s ambitious Zero Hunger Programme through interventions in farm sector will be launched on occasion of World Food Day (October 16) with focus on agriculture, nutrition and health in a symbiotic manner.
Law Ministry approves Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, 2017.
• The Union Law ministry has approved Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, 2017 to empower government to confiscate property of economic offenders and defaulters who flee India.
SEBI allows REITs, Invites to raise funds via debt securities.
• Capital markets regulator SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) amended guidelines of Real Estate Investment Trusts (Reits) and Infrastructure Investments Trusts (Invites) in order to broaden scope of fund raising by such instruments.
Jharkhand Government launches Shaheed Gram Vikas Yojana.
• Jharkhand Government has launched Shaheed Gram Vikas Yojana aimed at developing villages of freedom fighters in the state. It was launched from Ulihatu Village, birth place of freedom fighter Birsa Munda.
YC Modi appointed as DG of NIA.
• The Appointment Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has appointed senior IPS officer YC Modi as Director-General (DG) of National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Rajni Kant Mishra appointed new DG of SSB.
• The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed senior IPS officer Rajni Kant Mishra (58) as new Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Government invites startups for Northeast Venture Fund.
• The Ministry of Development of Northeast has invited start-ups from all over country to avail benefits of Northeast Venture Fund in a bid to make Northeast India favourite destination for young Startups.