Government launches National Power Portal
• The Union Ministry of Power launched National Power Portal (NPP), a Centralized Platform for Collation and Dissemination of Indian power sector information.
Cornelia Sorabji: Google’s Doodle honours India’s first woman advocate
• Search engine giant Google doodle celebrated the 151st birthday of Cornelia Sorabji, the first woman to practice law in India and England.
Government launches BHARAT-22 Exchange Traded Fund
• The Union Government launched BHARAT-22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) managed by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund targeting an initial amount of about Rs. 8,000 Crore.
15th Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team Conference held in India
• The 15th Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT) Conference was held in New Delhi. It is first ever conference to be held in India and South Asia.
10th South Asia Economic Summit held in Nepal
• The 10th South Asia Economic Summit (SAES-2017) was held in Kathmandu, Nepal with theme “Deepening Economic Integration for Inclusive and Sustainable Development in South Asia”.
Sagar Kavach: Joint security exercise between Odisha and West Bengal
• The Governments of Odisha and neighbouring West Bengal conducted joint security exercise named ‘Sagar Kavach’ to further tighten the existing coastal security mechanism along the 630 km long coastline.
India’s 1st Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit to be organised at Dantewada
• India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit was organised at Dantewada in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh. The summit is part of 8th Global Entrepreneurship Summit being held in India.
India, Philippines ink four agreements in various fields
• India and Philippines have signed four agreements in areas of defence, agriculture, small and medium enterprises and tie-up between think-tanks.