Richard H. Thaler wins 2017 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences.
• American economist Richard H. Thaler has won 2017 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences for his contributions to behavioural economics. He will receive 9-million-kronor ($1.1-million) prize.
Government launches Intensified Mission Indradhanush.
• The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) to accelerate full immunization coverage to more than 90% by December 2018.
NMCG approves Eight Projects under Namami Gange Programme.
• The Executive Committee of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved eight projects worth Rs. 700 crore under Namami Gange Programme.
VAJRA Scheme: Government receives 260 applicants for visiting researcher programme.
• The Union Ministry of Science and Technology’s Visiting Advanced Joint Research (VAJRA) Faculty Scheme has received 260 applications from foreign of whom 70 will be shortlisted. .
MoRTH to promote new technologies in highway projects
• The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has decided to implement “Value Engineering Program” to promote use of new technologies, materials and equipment in highways
Government imposes anti-dumping duty on certain Chinese steel products
• The Union Finance Ministry has imposed anti-dumping duty on imports of certain steel wire rods from China for five years to guard interest of domestic players from cheap in-bound shipments.