Home Ministry forms study group to examine problems people residing in border areas.
• The Union Home Ministry has formed study group to examine various problems faced by people residing near International Border (IB) and Line of Control.
Bacteria can spread antibiotic resistance through soil: study.
• Researchers including one of Indian origin from North Carolina State University in US have found that antibiotic resistance can be passed between bacteria found in the soil.
Scientists develop smart bandage to promote better, faster healing.
• Scientists from US have developed a smart bandage that can precisely control dose and delivery schedule of medication tailored for a specific type of wound, leading to faster healing.
US approves first test to screen Zika virus in donated blood.
• United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved ‘Cbas Zika test’ for detecting Zika virus in donated blood. It is first of kind test approved by FDA for detecting Zika virus in donated blood.
First Meeting of India-Australia Joint Steering Committee held in New Delhi.
• The First Meeting of India-Australia Joint Steering Committee (JSC) was held in New Delhi.
CBDT signs 2 more APAs with taxpayers.
• The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed two more advance pricing agreements (APAs) in September 2017 with Indian taxpayers in order to reduce litigation by providing certainty in transfer pricing.
Gauri Lankesh becomes first Indian to win Anna Politkovskaya Award.
• Late Kannada journalist Gauri Lankesh awarded a prestigious Reach All Women in WAR (RAW in WAR) Anna Politkovskaya Award.
Recommendations of Uday Kotak Committee on Corporate Governance.
• 21-member Committee on corporate governance headed by banker Uday Kotak has submitted its report to the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).