Government launches Paryatan Parv to boost tourism.
• The Union Ministry of Tourism in collaboration with Other Union Ministries and State Governments has launched nationwide ‘Paryatan Parv’ to showcase cultural diversity of country and reinforce the principle of ‘Tourism for All’.
Ganga Prasad sworn in as Governor of Meghalaya.
• Ganga Prasad was sworn in as the 17th Governor of Meghalaya. He was administered oath of office and secrecy by Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court Justice Dinesh Maheshwari.
India, Djibouti sign pact on bilateral consultations.
• India and Djibouti have signed an agreement to establish regular Foreign Office-level bilateral consultations between both countries. .
Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson selected for 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
• The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has selected Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson for the 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
Government constitutes high-level committee for water management in northeast.
• The Government has constituted a high-level committee for proper management of water resources in North Eastern Region (NER) under Chairmanship of Rajiv Kumar, Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog. .
Rajnish Kumar appointed as new Chairman of SBI.
• The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Rajnish Kumar (59) as the new chairman of State Bank of India (SBI). .
Cabinet approves renaming of Kandla Port as Deendayal Port.
• The Union Cabinet has approved proposal of Union Ministry of Shipping to rename of Kandla Port in Gujarat as Deendayal Port, Kandla.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Switzerland on Technical Cooperation in Rail Sector.
• The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Ministry of Railways, and Federal Department of Environment, Transport.
PM inaugurates Golden Jubilee Year Celebrations of ICSI.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Golden Jubilee Year Celebrations (50 years) of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) in New Delhi.