You are here
Home > All Newspaper Editorials UPSC IAS > The Indian Express Editorials > Two suspects picked up for Bodhgaya serial blasts

Two suspects picked up for Bodhgaya serial blasts

Police has picked up two persons as suspects of Bodh Gaya blasts from Brahmapura village in Madhubani district and handed them over to a NIA team for questioning.

“Complying to a NIA notice, a Darbhanga police team picked up Md Farooq and Shashi Ranjan Sahu two days ago and handed them over the same day to the agency probing the Bodh Gaya blasts for their interrogation,” Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sharma said.

He said that NIA had earlier sent a notice to the Darbhanga police asking it to produce the two suspects before it for questioning in connection with their alleged role in Bodhgaya serial blasts last month.

Sharma clarified that the two suspects had neither been detained nor arrested by the Darbhanga police, but they were picked up on the NIA’s directive.

Farooq works as an orchestra dancer and Sahu runs a mobile phone shop of his father.

Serial blasts had rocked the world-famous Mahabodhi temple and adjoining areas in Bodhgaya on July 7 last in which two monks sustained injuries.

The Bodhgaya blasts were being investigated by an NIA team.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments

TERMS OF USE: The views expressed in comments published on indianexpress.com are those of the comment writer’s alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Indian Express Group or its staff. Comments are automatically posted live; however, indianexpress.com reserves the right to take it down at any time. We also reserve the right not to publish comments that are abusive, obscene, inflammatory, derogatory or defamatory.

Top
error: Content is protected !!