8. Greek Invasion
426. The women of which Indian republic or kingdom had taken up arms against Alexander, after a large number of its soldiers had been killed or wounded in the battle field?
(A) Abhisara (B) Glausai
(C) Katha (D) Massaga
427. Which one of the following dynasties was ruling over North India at the time of Alexander’s invasion?
428. Who one of the following had not come to India with Alexander?
(A) Nearchus (B) Onesicritus
(C) Deimachus (D) Aristobulus
429. Name the brave Indian King whom Alexander defeated on the bank of river Jhelum.
(C) Chandragupta Maurya
(D) Mahapadma Nanda
430. Which one of the following rulers of Magadha was the contemporary of Alexander, the Great?
(D) Chandragupta Maurya
431. Consider the following statements Assertion (A): After campaigning for nearly two years, Alexander, the Great, left India in 325 B.C. Reason (R): He was defeated by Chandra Gupta Maurya. Select the correct answer from the code given below.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and
(R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
432. Alexander’s success in India was due to the following.
1. There was no central power in India at that time
2. He had a superior army
3. He was helped by the traitorous Indian rulers
4. He was a good administrator Select the correct answer from the following code.
(A) 1 and 2 (B) 1, 2 and 3
(C) 2, 3 and 4 (D) All of these