7. 6th Century BC Political Condition
379. The following map shows four of the sixteen mahajanapadas that existed in ancient India a b c d The places marked (a), (b), (c) and
(d) respectively are
(A) Matsya, Chedi, Kosala, Anga
(B) Surasena, Avanti, Vatsa, Magadha
(C) Matsya, Avanti, Vatsa, Anga
(D) Surasena, Chedi, Kosala, Magadha
380. What was the ancient name of Ujjain?
(D) None of the above
381. The epigraphical evidence reveals that under the instructions of a Nanda king, a canal was dug in
(A) Anga (B) Vanga
(C) Kalinga (D) Magadha
382. The earliest extant coins of India were of
(A) Copper (B) Gold
(C) Lead (D) Silver
383. The ancient city which is mentioned in the Mahabharata and Mahabhashya both.
(A) Madhyamika (Nagari)
(C) Viratnagar (Bairath)
384. Matsya Mahajanapada of 6th century B.C. was located on
(A) Western Uttar Pradesh
385. Which ruler had made Pataliputra the capital of his empire for the first time?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
(B) Ashoka the Great
(C) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
386. Who founded Pataliputra?
387. By which ruler Pataliputra was chosen as the capital for the first time?
(A) Ajatashatru (B) Kalashoka
(C) Udayin (D) Kanishka
388. Who among the following kings had founded Pataliputra?
(A) Sisunaga (B) Bimbisar
(C) Ajatashatru (D) Udayin
389. In which century did the first Magadhan Empire rise?
(A) Fourth Century B.C.
(B) Sixth Century B.C.
(C) Second Century B.C.
(D) First Century B.C.
390. The Legend of Udayin-Vasavadatta is related to
(A) Ujjain (B) Mathura
(C) Mahishmati (D) Kaushambi
391. Which one was not in the earlier Republic?
(A) Shakya (B) Lichchhavi
(C) Yauddheya (D) All of these
392. Which one of the following was initially the most powerful citystate in India in the 6th century B.C.?
(A) Gandhar (B) Kamboj
(C) Kashi (D) Magadha
393. Where was the first republican system of the world during 6th century B.C. located?
(A) Vaishali (B) Athens
(C) Sparta (D) Pataliputra
394. By whom the first republic of the world was established in Vaishali?
(A) Maurya (B) Nanda
(C) Gupta (D) Lichchhavi
395. Which Buddha text has described 16 Mahajanapadas of 6th century B.C.?
(A) Digha Nikaya
(D) Anguattar Nikaya
396. Which one of the following pair is correctly matched?
(A) Parsvanath – Janatrika
(B) Bindusara – Shakya
(C) Skandagupta – Maurya
(D) Chetak – Lichchhavi
397. Which one of the following Buddhist texts describes the sixteen Mahajanapadas?
(A) Anguttara Nikaya
(B) Majjhima Nikaya
(C) Khuddaka Nikaya
(D) Digha Nikaya
398. The list of sixteen Mahajanapadas is available in
(B) Anguttara Nikaya
(C) Chandogya Upanishad
(D) Samyukta Nikaya
399. During the period of 16 Mahajanapadas, Mathura was the capital of
(A) Vajji (B) Vatsa
(C) Kashi (D) Surasena
400. The capital of North Panchal, according to Mahabharata, was located at
(A) Hastinapur (B) Indraprastha
(C) Ahichhatra (D) Mathura
401. In the sixth century B.C. Suktimati was the capital of
(A) Panchala (B) Kuru
(C) Chedi (D) Avanti
402. Champa was the capital of which Mahajanapadas?
(A) Magadha (B) Vajji
(C) Kosala (D) Anga
403. Which was the capital of Magadha?
(A) Pratishthan (B) Vaishali
(C) Rajgriha (D) Champa
404. Mahajanapadas situated on the bank of river Godavari was
(A) Avanti (B) Vatsa
(C) Assaka (D) Kamboja
405. Which one of the following was not a capital of Magadhan Empire?
(A) Girivraja (B) Rajgriha
(C) Pataliputra (D) Kaushambi
406. Which was the initial capital of Magadha?
(C) Girivraja (Rajgriha)
407. Which initial ruler of Magadha killed his father for enthroning and also was killed by his son for the same reason?
(A) Bimbisara (B) Ajatashatru
(C) Udayin (D) Nagdashak
408. What is the town configuration of ancient Shravasti?
(A) Circular (B) Crescentic
(C) Triangular (D) Quadratic
409. The Prince who was responsible for the death of his father was
410. What was the name of the dynasty of Ajatashatru?
(A) Maurya (B) Haryanka
(C) Nanda (D) Gupta
411. Which dynasty did rule over Magadha after Nanda Dynasty?
(A) Maurya (B) Shunga
(C) Gupta (D) Kushana
412. Power of Magadha was extended over the Malwa region during the reign period of
413. Which King of Magadha is known as Aparoparashurama?
414. Which inscription is the evidence of King Nand?
(A) Hathigumpha inscription of Kharvel
(B) Rummindei pillar inscription
(C) Junagarh inscription of Rudradamana
(D) Ayodhya inscription of Dhandeva
415. Jivaka, the famous physician of the time of Mahatma Buddha, was associated with the court of
(B) Chanda Pradyota
416. Who was the founder of Nanda Dynasty in Magadha?
417. Who was the last King of Karnata dynasty?
(A) Harisimha (B) Ramsimha
(C) Matisimha (D) Shyamsimha
418. The town of Kalpi is situated on the bank of river
(A) Ganga (B) Yamuna
(C) Narmada (D) Krishna
419. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the code given below. List-I (King)
(a) Pradyot (b) Udayin
(c) Prasenjit (d) Ajatshatru List-II (State)
1. Magadha 2. Vatsa
3. Avanti 4. Kosala Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 3 4 (B) 4 3 2 1
(C) 3 2 4 1 (D) 4 1 3 2
420. Who was the founder of Karnata dynasty?
(A) Nanyadev (B) Narsimhadev
(C) Vijaydev (D) Haridev
421. In which of the following texts the list of the sixteen great states
(Shodasha Mahajanapadas) of ancient India occur?
2. Anguttara Nikaya
3. Digha Nikaya
4. Bhagavati Sutra Select the correct answer from the code given below. Code
(A) 2 and 4
(B) 2, 3 and 4
(C) 1 and 2
(D) 1, 2 and 3
422. 16 Janpadas of the age of Mahajanapadas have often been mentioned in the Buddhist literature which of the following Janapadas have been mentioned by Panini in his Ashtadhyayi?
1. Magadh 2. Ashmak
3. Kosala 4. Chedi
5. Vatsa Code
(A) 1, 2 and 3 (B) 4 and 5
(C) 3, 4 and 5 (D) 1, 3 and 5
423. Read the statements I and II and choose the correct answer from the code given below.
I. The sixth century B.C. was a period of great religious upheaval in all parts of the world. II. The Vedic religion had become very complex. Code
(A) Both I and II are false
(B) Both I and II are true
(C) I is true, while II is false
(D) I is false, while II is true
424. Arrange the following Magadhan dynasties in the chronological order
1. Nandas 2. Sungas
3. Mauryas 4. Haryankas Choose the answer from the following code.
(A) 2, 1, 4 and 3 (B) 4, 1, 3 and 2
(C) 3, 2, 1 and 4 (D) 1, 3, 4 and 2
425. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the code given below. List-I (Ancient Places of U.P.)
(d) Vatsa List-II (Capital)
1. Saket 2. Kaushambi
3. Ahichhatra 4. Indraprastha Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 3 4 (B) 4 3 1 2
(C) 3 4 2 1 (D) 4 2 3 1