15. Pre-Medieval Period
917. According to Hammir Mahakavya the Chauhans were
918. Kumaradevi, a queen of Govind Chandra Gahadavala constructed Dharma-chakra -Jaina Vihara at
(A) Bodh Gaya
919. Epigraphic records (Inscriptions) suggest that in ancient India, the rulers of Bihar had contact with
920. Who among the following ruler is famous as ‘Prithvi Raj Chauhan’?
(D) None of the above
921. The author of ‘Prithviraj Raso’ is
(D) Chand Bardai
922. Aalha-Udal were related to
923. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Abdur Rehman – Hammir Raso
(B) Chand Bardai – Prithvi Raj Raso
(C) Jagnik – Alha-Khand
(D) Narpati Nalh – Visal Dev Raso
924. Who is the author of ‘Prithviraja Vijaya’?
(A) Chand Bardai
(B) Prithviraj Chauhan
(D) Nayanchand Suri
925. Jejakabhukti was the ancient name of
(A) Baghelkhand (B) Bundelkhand
(C) Malwa (D) Vidarbha
926. Which of the following Rajput dynasties founded the city of Dhillika (Delhi) in the eighth century?
(A) Parmara dynasty
(B) Solanki dynasty
(C) Tomar dynasty
(D) Chauhan dynasty
927. Pundravardhan Bhukti was located in
(A) North Bengal
928. Dangdev was the ruler of which dynasty?
(A) Chandelas of Jejakabhukti
(B) Parmar of Malwa
(C) Kalchuri of Mahishmati
(D) Kalchuri of Tripuri
929. Who among the following had built the Sompura Mahavihar?
930. Who was the founder of Pala dynasty?
(A) Dharmapala (B) Deopala
(C) Gopala (D) Ramapala
931. Vikramshila Maha Vihar was established by the ruler of
(A) Pushyabhuti Dynasty
(B) Varman Dynasty
(C) Sen Dynasty
(D) Pala Dynasty
932. Which ruler of Bengal founded the ancient University called ‘Vikramshila’?
(A) Dharmapala (B) Gopala
(C) Devpala (D) Mahipala
933. Which one of the following places was not the centre of learning during early medieval period?
(A) Nalanda (B) Vikramashila
(C) Taxila (D) Uddantapur
934. In which modern day’s State, the University of Vikramashila was located ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh
935. Who out of the following performed a ritual called ‘Hiranya – Garbha’?
(A) Mayur Sharman
(B) Harish Chandra
(C) Danti Durga
936. Who among the following laid the foundation of Rashtrakuta Empire?
(B) Danti Durga
937. The greatest Pratihara King was
(C) Mihir Bhoj
938. Who among the following was born in a military camp in the course of his father’s campaign?
(A) Amoghavarsha Rashtrakuta
(B) Bhoja Parmara
(D) Nagabhatta-II Pratihara
939. Who among the following is credited with initiating a new Samvat?
(A) Dharmapala (B) Devapala
(C) Vijayasena (D) Lakshmansen
940. The great Jain Scholar Hemchandra adorned the court of
(C) Jaysimha Siddharaja
941. The great Sanskrit poet and dramatist, Rajshekhara was in the court of
(A) Raja Bhoj
942. The Luxman Era was started by which of the following dynasty?
(A) Pratiharas (B) Pals
(C) Chauhans (D) Sena
943. The Gurjar-Pratiharas dynasty was founded by
(A) Nagabhatta I
(D) Mihir Bhoj
944. Which one of the following was a very important seaport in the Kakatiya Kingdom?
945. Mahodaya is an old name of
(A) Allahabad (B) Khajuraho
(C) Kannauj (D) Patna
946. Who among the following was not a part of tripartite struggle?
947. Who among the following granted financial aid for the restoration of a demolished mosque in Khambhat?
(B) Jayasimha Siddharaja
948. Which of the following was known as ‘Nagar Mahoday Shri’?
(A) Mahoba (B) Kampilya
(C) Mathura (D) Kannauj
949. King Bhoj ruled over
950. Who was the founder of Parmar Dynasty?
(A) Ajai Pal (B) Krishnaraj
(C) Kanak Rao (D) Jagar Pal
951. The presiding deity of Bhojshala Temple is
(A) Goddess Durga
(B) Goddess Parvati
(C) Goddess Lakshmi
(D) Goddess Saraswati
952. Who amongst the following wrote a book on artificial scientific equipments?
953. The author of Gaudavaho was
(A) Harishena (B) Aryabhatta
(C) Vakpati (D) Banabhatta
954. Who among the following was not a king of the Parmar dynasty?
(A) Upendra (B) Munj
(C) Gangeyadev (D) Udayaditya
955. Match List-I (Dynasty) with List-II
(Capital) on the basis of code. List-I (Dynasty)
(a) Pratihara (b) Chola
(c) Parmara (d) Solanki List-II (Capital)
1. Tanjore 2. Anhilwada
3. Dhara 4. Kannauj Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 4 2 3 1 (B) 4 3 2 1
(C) 4 2 1 3 (D) 4 1 3 2
956. With reference to the economic history of medieval India, the term ‘Araghatta’ refers to
(A) Bonded labour
(B) Land grants made to military officers
(C) Waterwheel used for the irrigation of land
(D) Wasteland converted to cultivated land
957. Which were the three dynasties who were engaged in a Tripartite struggle for Kannauj?
1. Chola 2. Pala
3. Gurjara 4. Rashtrakuta Choose the correct answer from the code given below.
(A) 1, 2 and 3 (B) 1, 2 and 4
(C) 2, 3 and 4 (D) 1, 3 and 4
958. Who among the following were famous jurists of medieval India?
4. Jimutavahana Code
(A) 1, 2 and 3 (B) 2, 3 and 4
(C) 1, 2 and 4 (D) 1 and 3
959. Consider the following pairs. Famous Region Place
1. Bodh Gaya : Baghelkhand
2. Khajuraho : Bundelkhand
3. Shirdi : Vidarbha
4. Nasik (Nashik) : Malwa
5. Tirupati : Rayalaseema Which of the pairs given above are correctly matched?
(A) 1, 2 and 4
(B) 2, 3, 4 and 5
(C) Only 2 and 5
(D) 1, 3, 4 and 5