10. Post-Mauryan Period
542. The earliest specimen of ‘Kavya’ style is found in the inscription of
(A) Rudradaman of Kathiawar
(C) Rajendra I
(D) None of the above
543. Which one of the following Indo- Greek rulers issued lead coins?
544. Which inscription tells about the various achievements of Rudradaman-I?
(A) Junagarh (B) Bhitari
(C) Nasik (D) Sanchi
545. Who renovated Sudarshan lake without using forced labour?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
546. Who among the following was not a contemporary of the other three?
(B) Gautama Buddha
547. Who amongst following issued gold coins regularly in ancient India?
(A) Satavahana (B) Saka
(C) Kushan (D) Parthian
548. The largest number of copper coins in Northern and North-Western India were issued by
(A) Indo-Greeks (B) Kushans
(C) Sakas (D) Pratiharas
549. Which of the following Kings is credited to have issued gold coins for the first time?
(A) Kujula Kadphises
(B) Vima Kadphises
550. Buddha is depicted on the coins of
(A) Vima Kadphises
551. Which God is found depicted on Yaudheya coins?
(A) Vasudeva (B) Shiva
(C) Indra (D) Kartikeya
552. Who among the following introduced gold coins for regular use in India?
(A) Vima Kadphises
(B) Kujul Kadphises
553. In which year, the coronation of Kushan King Kanishka was held?
(A) 178 B.C. (B) 101 A.D.
(C) 58 B.C. (D) 78 A.D.
554. What is the date of Sarnath Buddhist image inscription of Kanishka?
(A) 78 A.D. (B) 81 A.D.
(C) 98 A.D. (D) 121 A.D.
555. How much is the year difference between the Saka Samvat and Vikram Samvat?
(A) 57 years (B) 78 years
(C) 135 years (D) 320 years
556. When was Saka Samvat initiated?
(A) 58 A.D. (B) 78 A.D.
(C) 320 A.D. (D) 606 A.D.
557. When was Vikram Samvat started?
(A) 78 A.D. (B) 57 B.C.
(C) 72 B.C. (D) 56 B.C.
558. Chaitra 1 of the national calendar based on the Saka Era corresponds to which one of the following dates of the Gregorian calendar in a normal year of 365 days?
(A) 22nd March (or 21st March)
(B) 15th March (or 16th May)
(C) 31st March (or 30th March)
(D) 21st April (or 20th April)
559. Ashvaghosha was contemporary of
560. Which one of the following will be the year of Saka Samvat in December, 2009?
(A) 1931 (B) 1952
(C) 2066 (D) 2087
561. Who of the following did not adorn the court of Kanishka-I?
562. Which one of the following is not associated with the Court of Kanishka?
(A) Ashvaghosha (B) Charaka
(C) Nagarjuna (D) Patanjali
563. Who among the following Ayurvedacharyas was educated at Taxila University?
(D) Both (B) and (C)
564. Which of the following cities is not mentioned in the Rabatak inscription of Kanishka?
(A) Shravasti (B) Kaushambi
(C) Pataliputra (D) Champa
565. Who among the following rulers is stated as protector of ‘Varna System’?
(A) Pushyamitra Sunga
(C) Gautamiputra Satkarni
566. Which dynasty ruled over India after Shunga dynasty?
(A) Satvahana (B) Kushana
(C) Kanva (D) Gupta
567. Simuka was the founder of which of the following dynasties?
(A) Chera (B) Chola
(C) Pandya (D) Satavahana
568. Which dynasty was most powerful after Maurya in Southern India?
(A) Satvahana (B) Pallava
(C) Chola (D) Chalukya
569. Which of following dynasty empire was expanded even outside of India?
(A) Gupta dynasty
(B) Maurya dynasty
(C) Kushan dynasty
(D) None of the above
570. Which Chinese general had defeated Kanishka?
(A) Pan Chao
(B) Ban Yong
(C) She Huang Ti
571. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
(A) Harappan Civilisation – Painted Grey Ware
(B) The Kushans – Gandhara School of Art
(C) The Mughals – Ajanta Paintings
(D) The Marathas – Pahari School of Painting
572. The institution of child marriage started in which period?
(A) Maurya period
(B) Kushan period
(C) Gupta period
(D) In the time of Harshavardhan
573. Which one of the following is not correctly matched? List – I List – II
(Dynasties) (Metals of coin)
(A) Kushanas – Gold and Copper
(B) Gupta – Gold and Silver
(C) Satavahanas – Gold
(D) Kalachuris – Gold, Silver and Copper
574. Art of Gandhara style flourished during the reign of
(A) Kushans (B) Guptas
(C) Akbar (D) Mauryas
575. The art style which combines Indian and Greek feature is called
(A) Sikhar (B) Vera
(C) Gandhara (D) Nagara
576. Bamiyan of Afghanistan was famous for
(A) Hindu temple
(B) Work of elephant teeth
(C) Gold coin of coinage
(D) Buddha statue
577. Which one of the following sculptures invariably used green schist as the medium?
(A) Mauryan sculptures
(B) Mathura sculptures
(C) Bharhut sculptures
(D) Gandhara sculptures
578. The Gandhara School of art is the synthesis of
(A) Indian and Persian Art
(B) Indian and Chinese Art
(C) Indian and Turk-Afghan Art
(D) Indian and Greek Art
579. First Persian ruler who captured some part of India was
(A) Cyrus (B) Cambyses
(C) Darius-I (D) Shaharsh
580. With reference to the invaders in ancient India, which one of the following is the correct chronological order?
(A) Greeks – Sakas – Kushanas
(B) Greeks – Kushanas – Sakas
(C) Sakas – Greeks – Kushanas
(D) Sakas – Kushanas – Greeks
581. Which Purana consists of the longest list of Andra Satavahana Kings?
(A) Vayu Purana
(B) Vishnu Purana
(C) Matsya Purana
(D) None of the above
582. Which among the following was the earliest dynasty?
583. Which of the following places was the capital of Satvahanas?
(B) Nagarjuna Konda
(C) Shakal or Sialkot
584. The capital of the Satavahanas was located at
(A) Amaravati (B) Nanded
(C) Naldurg (D) Durg
585. King Kharavela is related to
(A) Piller inscription of Girnar
(B) Piller inscription of Junagarh
(C) Hathigumpha inscription
(D) Sarnath inscription
586. For which of the following rulers ‘Ekabrahmana’ has been used?
(A) Pushyamitra Shunga
(C) Gautamiputra Shatakarni
587. The King of Kalinga Kharavela was related to which of the following dynasty?
588. Which of the following Kings was a Patron of Jainism?
(C) Pulakeshin II
589. Who among the following kings had heavily leaned towards Jainism?
(A) Dashratha (B) Brihadratha
(C) Kharavela (D) Huvishka
590. Kalinga’s King Kharvel was associated with
(A) Mahameghvahana dynasty
(B) Chedi dynasty
(C) Satvahana dynasty
(D) Rath-Bhojak dynasty
591. Consider the following name of contemporaries of Kanishka and select the correct answer from code given below.
1. Ashvaghosha 2. Vasumitra
3. Kalidas 4. Kamban Code
(A) 1 and 4 (B) 2 and 3
(C) 1 and 2 (D) All of these
592. Which field was mostly contributed by Eastern Roman ruler Justinian?
(A) Law (B) Architecture
(C) Science (D) Literature
593. Read these statements. Assertion (A): Kushans traded through Gulf of Persian and Red sea. Reason (R): Their well organised naval force base was highly qualified. In context to the above which is the correct answer? Code
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and
(R) is the correct explanation of A
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true