Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 4 November to 10 November 2019
The week’s updated quizzes cover topics like SPG security cover, Kalapani controversy and RCEP agreement among others.
4 November to 10 November 2019: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week’s updated quizzes cover topics like SPG security cover, Kalapani controversy and RCEP agreement among others.
1. The SPG cover will now only be provided to which among the following?
a) President of India
b) Vice President of India
c) Prime Minister of India
d) Chief Justice of India
2. Which two state assemblies came together for a special assembly session on November 6?
a) J&K and Uttarakhand
b) Haryana and Punjab
c) Rajasthan and Gujarat
d) Delhi and Haryana
3. Which nation has objected the inclusion of Kalapani in the new political map of India?
4. The Home Ministry has withdrawn whose Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) status?
a) Aatish Taseer
b) Salman Taseer
c) Tavleen Singh
d) Iqbal Taseer
5. The citizens of which among the following countries are not eligible for the OCI card?
a) China, Pakistan
b) Pakistan, Bangladesh
c) Bangladesh, Myanmar
d) US, China
6. Which Indian batsman created the historic record of playing 100th T20 International match?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Shikhar Dhawan
d) MS Dhoni
7. Which among the following bodies recommended the central government to pay compensation to the daily-wage labourers after construction ban in Delhi?
a) Supreme Court
b) Delhi HC
d) Delhi Government
8. Which among the following countries has opted out of the RCEP agreement?
9. The new union territory of Ladakh has how many districts?
10. Which nation was ranked as the world’s worst abuser of internet freedom by Freedom of the Net report 2019?
1. (c) Prime Minister
The Union Government has withdrawn the SPG security cover provided to the Gandhi family. PM Narendra Modi will now be the only person to be provided with SPG cover.
2. (b) Haryana and Punjab
The Punjab and Haryana MLAs came together for a joint assembly session for the first time in five decades on November 6, 2019. The two assemblies convened for a special session to mark Guru Nanak Dev’s 550th birth anniversary.
3. (c) Nepal
Nepal has raised objections to the inclusion of Kalapani in India’s new political map. Nepal claims Kalapani to be a part of its territory, while India claims it to be a part of Uttarakhand.
4. (a) Aatish Taseer
Journalist Aatish Taseer’s OCI status was cancelled by the Home Ministry on November 8, 2019for concealing that his late father was of Pakistani origin. Aatish Taseer is an Indian-origin journalist with British citizenship.
5. (b) Pakistan, Bangladesh
No person who has previously been a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh is eligible for the Overseas Citizen of India status. Even those, whose parents, grandparents or great grandparents were citizens of Pakistan or Bangladesh not eligible to apply.
6. (b) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma has created a new record by becoming the first male Indian cricketer to play 100th T20Is. Harmanpreet Kaur is the only other Indian cricketer to have played 100 T20 cricket matches before him.
7. (c) NGT
The National Green Tribunal has recommended the central government to pay stipend or compensation to the daily-wage labourers after the Supreme Court mandated a ban on all construction activities in Delhi to combat the issue to severe air pollution levels.
8. (c) India
India has withdrawn itself from the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) stating that it is against India’s economic interests and national priorities. China announced that India is welcome to join the RCEP whenever it is ready.
9. (a) Two
The new Union Territory of Ladakh includes two districts Kargil and Leh. Kargil has been carved of Leh and Ladakh district, while Leh includes the districts of Gilgit, Gilgit Wazarat, Chilhas, Tribal Territory and remaining areas of Leh and Ladakh.
10. (c) China
China has been ranked as the world’s worst abuser of internet freedom for the fourth consecutive year by Freedom on the Net report 2019.
Download our Current Affairs & GK app For exam preparation
डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए