Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 12 August to 18 August 2019
The week’s updated quizzes cover the topics like PM Modi’s Independence Day speech 2019, National Film Awards, and J&K Bill among others.
12 August to 18 August 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week’s updated quizzes cover the topics like PM Modi’s Independence Day speech 2019, National Film Awards, and J&K Bill among others.
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the creation of the post of Chief in which sector in his Independence Day speech 2019?
2. Which police department was dragged to court for referring to Independence Day as Republic Day?
a) UP Police
b) Delhi Police
c) MP Police
d) Karnataka Police
3. Donald Trump accused which two countries of taking advantage of the WTO’s ‘developing economies’ tag?
a) China and Japan
b) India and Pakistan
c) Pakistan and China
d) India and China
4. Which batsman has become first cricketer to score 20,000 international runs in a decade?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Babar Azam
d) Francois du Plessis
5. What is the name of scheme PM Modi recently announced for water conservation and household pipeline supply?
a) Pradhanmantri Jal Abhiyan
b) Jal Shakti Mission
c) Jal Jeevan Mission
d) Jal hai toh kal hai
6. Which court refused to pass any order on J&K saying that it will wait for normalcy to return to the state?
a) Delhi HC
b) Madras HC
c) Supreme Court
d) Allahabad HC
7. Who has become the first Indian to win world title in motorsports?
a) Aishwarya Pissay
b) Mehul Sahney
c) Mrinal Pandey
d) Rita Vieira
8. Who won the National Film Award 2019 for Best Actress?
a) Alia Bhatt
b) Radhika Apte
d) Keerthy Suresh
9. Which film won the national film award 2019 for “Best Film”?
10. What is the name of the father of ISRO, on whose 100th birthday, Google has dedicated a doodle?
a) Homi Bhabha
b) Ramesha Chandra
c) Vikram Sarabhai
d) Anil Vijayan
1. (b) Defence
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the appointment of Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) in his sixth consecutive Independence Day speech. The Chief of Defence Staff will help integrate all three services – the Indian Army, the Air Force and the Indian Navy.
2. (b) Delhi Police
Delhi Police reportedly referred to August 15 as India’s Republic Day instead of Independence Day. This blunder got printed in an advisory. Following the incident, a petition was filed against Delhi Police in the Delhi High Court on August 13.
3. (d) India and China
US President Donald Trump stated recently that India and China are no longer “developing nations” and that both were taking advantage of the developing nations tag given by the World Trade Organization.
4. (a) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli has become the first batsman to score 20,000 international runs in a decade during the match against West Indies. He has scored 20,502 runs across three formats out of which he has scored 20,018 runs in the ongoing decade.
5. (c) Jal Jeevan Mission
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced during his Independence Day speech that the government will launch a Jal Jeevan Mission to bring piped water supply to every house. He also urged the people to come forward and contribute in conserving water resources.
6. (c) Supreme Court
The Supreme Court has refused an urgent hearing of a PIL on the security clampdown in Kashmir Valley. The petition was filed by activist Tehseen Poonawalla challenging the Centre’s decision to impose restrictions in Jammu and Kashmir, following revoking of Article 370.
7. (a) Aishwarya Pissay
Aishwarya Pissay won the FIM World Cup in women’s category in Hungary, becoming the first-ever Indian to win a world title in motorsports. Aishwarya Pissay also finished second in the FIM Junior category.
8. (d) Keerthy Suresh
Keerthy Suresh won the Best Actress award at the 66th National Film Awards for her performance in Telugu film Mahanati.
9. (c) Hellaro
Gujarati Movie Hellaro won the ‘Best Film’ award at the 66th national film awards 2019.
10. (c) Vikram Sarabhai
Google has paid its tribute to the founder of ISRO Vikram Sarabhai by a Google Doodle. Google is celebrating the 100th birth anniversary of award-winning Indian physicist, industrialist, and innovator Vikram Sarabhai. Dr. Vikram Sarabhai is also known as the father of Indian space programme.