Top Current Affairs Quiz: 5 August 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like scrapping of Article 370, Ladakh & J&K to be new Union Territories and Kosi-Mechi Interlinking project among others.
5 August 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like scrapping of Article 370, Ladakh & J&K to be new Union Territories and Kosi-Mechi Interlinking project among others.
1. Which Article was scrapped by the Parliament recently?
a) Article 370
b) Article 356
c) Article 377
d) Article 246
2. Which of the following Articles got revoked alongside Article 370?
a) Article 174
b) Article 244
c) Article 153
d) Article 35A
3. Which of the following would be the new Union Territory without Legislature?
4. Which institution or body passed the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill 2019 on 5 August 2019?
b) Lok Sabha
c) Rajya Sabha
5. Which Surface-to-Air missile was successfully flight-tested by DRDO recently?
6. As per the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) in which state ‘Bharati Huda’, a rural settlement, had thrived about 3600 years ago?
b) Madhya Pradesh
7. How many individuals will be scanned under the Human Genome Mapping Project of Government of India?
8. As per UGC notice, all universities in India will get a final subscription to access which Swedish anti-plagiarism software?
9. How much grant has been approved by centre government Kosi-Mechi Interlinking project?
a) Rs 2,300 crore
b) Rs 31,00 crore
c) Rs 3,400 crore
d) Rs 4,900 crore
10. What is the name of former Maldives president who was taken to detention centre after being returned to the country?
a) Ahmed Adeeb
b) Mohammad Morsi
c) Waheed Hassan
d) Abdulla Yameen
1. (a) Article 370
Article 370 was scrapped by the Parliament on August 5, 2019, after Union Home Minister tabled the historic amendment in the Parliament. All the clauses of Article 370 were revoked, except Clause 1 which states that J&K is a part of India.
2. (d) Article 35A
With the revocation of Article 370, Article 35A gets revoked as well. Article 35A defines “permanent residents” of Jammu & Kashmir and grants special rights to them.
3. (c) Ladakh
The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganization Bill, 2019 was presented by Union Home Minister Amit Shah in Rajya Sabha on August 5, 2019. The Bill calls for forming two Union Territories – Jammu and Kashmir with Legislature and Ladakh without Legislature.
4. (b) Lok Sabha
The Lok Sabha on August 5, 2019, passed the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2019 that seeks to uplift transgenders socially, economically and culturally in the society. The Bill was passed by a voice vote.
5. (a) QRSAM
The Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) on August 4, 2019, successfully conducted the test-flight of Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missiles (QRSAM) from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur.
6. (a) Odisha
As per the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), a rural settlement had thrived at Bharati Huda in Jalalpur village in Odisha’s Cuttack district, about 3600 years ago. This is based on the ancient artefacts and grain discovered by the ASI from the mentioned site in the year 2018.
7. (c) 20,000
India is planning to launch its first Human Genome Mapping Project. The project involves scanning of 20,000 Indian genomes (in the next five years) to develop diagnostic tests and effective therapies for treating diseases such as cancer.
8. (b) Urkund
As per the information released by University Grants Commission (UGC), all universities in India will get a final subscription to access the Swedish anti-plagiarism software ‘Urkund’ from September 1, 2019. As a part of this process, in the coming years, the software will be available free of cost to all 900 universities, including teachers, students and researchers.
9. (d) Rs 4,900 crore
Union Government has approved Rs 4,900 crore Kosi-Mechi Interlinking project for interlinking of Kosi and Mechi rivers of Bihar. This is the second major river interlinking project in the country to be approved by Central Government after the Ken-Betwa project in Madhya Pradesh.
10. (a) Ahmed Adeeb
In the Maldives, former vice president Ahmed Adeeb was taken to Dhoonidhoo detention centre today after being returned to the country. Adeeb was arrested after fleeing to India to avoid questioning over the alleged embezzlement of state funds.