Top Current Affairs Quiz: 24 June 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as RBI Deputy Governor, Second Indian Bowler to get hat-trick in world cup and breakup of political alliance among others.
24 June 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as RBI Deputy Governor, Second Indian Bowler to get hat-trick in world cup and breakup of political alliance among others.
1. Name of RBI Deputy Governor who resigned six months before his term ends?
a) Pankaj Sinha
b) Abhijit Prasad
c) Suresh Prajapati
d) Viral Acharya
2. Which Indian cricketer has been fined 25 percent of match fee for breaching ICC Code of Conduct?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Jasprit Bumrah
c) Hardik Pandya
d) Rohit Sharma
3. Which party’s leader announced that the party would be fighting all future elections on its own after the massive failure of its alliance in Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
4. Which among the following nations has become the first gulf country to launch a UN-developed anti-money laundering platform?
a) Saudi Arabia
5. Name of Indian player who recently won Asian Snooker Championship?
a) Aditya Mehta
b) Geet Sethi
c) Ysin Sanchit
d) Pankaj Advani
6. Which among the following institutions conducted a study, according to which drought crisis is present in more than 40% area in India due to delays in monsoon?
a) IIT Delhi
b) IIT Gandhinagar
c) IIT Jabalpur
d) IIT Patna
7. Which state government recently announced that if needed, for higher education, students would be given a loan upto Rs 10 lakhs?
d) Tamil Nadu
8. Which Indian bowler has recently become the second Indian bowler who has made hat-tricks in World Cup history?
a) Mohammed Shami
b) Bhuvneshvar Kumar
c) Kuldeep Yadav
d) Jasprit Bumrah
9. When was World Refugee Day observed?
a) June 21st
b) June 22nd
c) June 20th
d) June 23rd
10. Which among the following teams is the first major team to be out of the cricket world cup race?
b) West Indies
d) South Africa
1. (d) Viral Acharya
RBI Deputy Governor Viral V Acharya has resigned from his post, six months before the scheduled end of his term. Acharya joined the central bank in January 2017 and was RBI’s youngest deputy governor, post economic liberalisation. Acharya will be returning to New York University as CV Starr Professor of Economics.
2. (a) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli was fined 25 percent of his match fee for excessive appealing during India’s match against Afghanistan on June 22 at Southampton. One demerit point was added to his disciplinary record.
3. (c) BSP
BSP Chief Mayawati has officially called off her party’s alliance with Akhilesh Yadav’s SP. Mayawati tweeted saying that in the interest of the party and movement, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) will now contest all the elections going forward alone on its own.
4. (b) UAE
The UAE has become the first country in the Gulf to launch a new reporting platform developed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime to curb organised crimes. The UAE’s Financial Intelligence Unit launched the new anti-money laundering platform ‘goAML’ , which has been open for registration since May.
5. (d) Pankaj Advani
Pankaj Advani completed a career Grand Slam in snooker, by winning the Asian Snooker Championship title. In the final, the 34-year-old, who has already accomplished the feat in billiards, registered a 6-3 win over Thailand challenger Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon.
6. (b) IIT Patna
According to the Drought Early Warning System of IIT, Gandhinagar, 40% of the country’s area is drought-affected and severe to exceptional drought conditions exist in about half of this area. More than 100 districts have been declared drought-hit and most of them are in the South. The situation is likely to get worse if the monsoon is delayed as predicted.
7. (c) Delhi Government
Education minister of Delhi Govt Manish Sisodia said that the Delhi government is ready to take the guarantee of all the talented students studying in its schools. So, we have decided to give them education loan of up to Rs. 10 lakh for higher education.
8. (a) Mohammed Shami
Mohammed Shami has become the second-ever Indian bowler to get a hat-trick in a world cup match with his hat-trick in the last over of India’s world cup match against Afghanistan. The first-ever Indian bowler to get a hat-trick was Chetan Sharma in 1987 Cricket World Cup.
9. (c) June 20th
The World Refugee Day was observed globally on June 20, 2019. The day’s theme this year was ‘#StepWithRefugees -Take a Step on World Refugee Day’. The day aimed to challenge everyone to join together and take a step with refugees.
10. (d) South Africa
South Africa is the first major team to be out of the world cup tournament. The Proteas still have two games left, against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and can easily impact their semi-final chances by winning both the games.