Top Current Affairs Quiz: 16 August 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Jal Jeevan Mission and Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award 2019 among others.
16 August 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Jal Jeevan Mission and Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award 2019 among others.
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the creation of the post of Chief in which sector in his Independence Day speech 2019?
2. Which state launched the ‘Village Volunteers System’ on the occasion of Independence Day?
a) Andhra Pradesh
3. The Panchamirtham prasadam was recently granted the GI tag. It belongs to which state?
b) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
4. Which batsman has become first cricketer to score 20,000 international runs in a decade?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Babar Azam
d) Francois du Plessis
5. What is the name of scheme PM Modi recently announced for water conservation and household pipeline supply?
a) Pradhanmantri Jal Abhiyan
b) Jal Shakti Mission
c) Jal Jeevan Mission
d) Jal hai toh kal hai
6. Who has been recently honoured with Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Award?
a) Amitabh Kant
b) K. Sivan
c) Dr. Rajiv Kumar
d) M.K. Rudra
7. How many states have signed MoU with Union Ministry of Textiles for skilling about 4 lakh workers as part of Scheme for Capacity Building in Textile Sector (SAMARTH)?
8. Name of former Indian cricketer and national selector who recently passed away at the age of 57?
a) Kumar Mangleshwar
b) Sanjay Parikh
c) Pawan Arora
d) V B Chandrasekhar
1. (b) Defence
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the appointment of Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) in his sixth consecutive Independence Day speech. The Chief of Defence Staff will help integrate all three services – the Indian Army, the Air Force and the Indian Navy.
2. (a) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the ‘Village Volunteers System’ to provide services at doorstep of people. The system was launched on the occasion of Independence Day.
3. (d) Tamil Nadu
The Panchamirtham prasadam of Tamil Nadu was recently granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag. The panchamirtham is given as ‘prasadam’ at the Murugan temple of Palani, Tamil Nadu.
4. (a) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli has become the first batsman to score 20,000 international runs in a decade during the match against West Indies. He has scored 20,502 runs across three formats out of which he has scored 20,018 runs in the ongoing decade.
5. (c) Jal Jeevan Mission
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced during his Independence Day speech that the government will launch a Jal Jeevan Mission to bring piped water supply to every house. He also urged the people to come forward and contribute in conserving water resources.
6. (b) K. Sivan
ISRO Chairman K. Sivan, was awarded Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award by Tamil Nadu government. He was awarded in recognition of his stellar work in promotion of science and technology. The award carries 8 gm gold medal, Rs.5 lakh in cash and a citation.
7. (a) 16
SAMARTH is skill development scheme of Union Ministry of Textiles, covering the entire value chain of the textile sector excluding Spinning & Weaving in organized Sector. It was approved by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) in December 2017.
8. (d) V B Chandrasekhar
Former India batsman VB Chandrasekhar passed away at the age of 57 in Chennai. Chandrasekhar, who is survived by his wife and two daughters, represented India in seven ODIs and played 81 first-class matches.