Top Current Affairs Quiz: 13 August 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as INSA President, FIM World Cup title and Swachh Survekshan 2020 among others.
13 August 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as INSA President, FIM World Cup title and Swachh Survekshan 2020 among others.
1. Who was elected as the first woman President of Indian National Science Academy (INSA)?
a) Chandrima Shaha
b) Aditi Pant
c) Shubha Tole
d) Yamuna Krishnan
2. Which nation has introduced new rules to deny green cards to immigrants using public benefits?
3. Which court refused to pass any order on J&K saying that it will wait for normalcy to return to the state?
a) Delhi HC
b) Madras HC
c) Supreme Court
d) Allahabad HC
4. Who has become the first Indian to win world title in motorsports?
a) Aishwarya Pissay
b) Mehul Sahney
c) Mrinal Pandey
d) Rita Vieira
5. The MCC has decided to review overthrow rules after an overthrow incident in the ICC World Cup final 2019 involving which two players?
a) Kane Williamson and Jos Buttler
b) Ben Stokes and Martin Guptill
c) Tom Latham and Jason Roy
d) James Neesham and Chris Woakes
6. The Bar Council of India (BCI) recently imposed moratorium of how much period on opening of new law institutions?
a) 1 Year
b) 2 Years
c) 3 Years
d) 4 Years
7. Which Union Minister launched the Swachh Survekshan 2020 recently?
a) Amit Shah
b) Hardeep Singh Puri
c) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
d) Smriti Irani
8. Name the waste management mobile app that was launched recently to track waste collection.
a) Swachh Nagar App
b) Swachh Prayavaran App
c) Swachh Prakarti App
d) Swachh Gali App
1. (a) Chandrima Shaha
Chandrima Shaha was recently elected as the President of Indian National Science Academy (INSA). With this, Shaha became the first woman to be elected as President of INSA. She will serve the post from 2020 to 2022.
2. (c) US
The United States has announced new rules that aim to deny US citizenship to the immigrants who use public benefits. Under the new rules, those already in the US and availing public benefits will be denied the opportunity of getting the green card.
3. (c) Supreme Court
The Supreme Court has refused an urgent hearing of a PIL on the security clampdown in Kashmir Valley. The petition was filed by activist Tehseen Poonawalla challenging the Centre’s decision to impose restrictions in Jammu and Kashmir, following revoking of Article 370.
4. (a) Aishwarya Pissay
Aishwarya Pissay won the FIM World Cup in women’s category in Hungary, becoming the first-ever Indian to win a world title in motorsports. Aishwarya Pissay also finished second in the FIM Junior category.
5. (b) Ben Stokes and Martin Guptill
Following the overthrow incident involving Ben Stokes and Martin Guptill in the ICC World Cup final 2019, the MCC (Marylebone Cricket Club), custodians of the Laws of Cricket, said that they are considering reviewing overthrow rules in September 2019.
6. (c) 3 Years
The Bar Council of India (BCI) recently imposed 3 year moratorium on opening of new law institutions in the country. However, the moratorium will not apply to the National Law Universities (NLUs).
7. (b) Hardeep Singh Puri
Minister of State for Housing & Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri launched the fifth edition of the annual cleanliness survey ‘Swachh Survekshan 2020’ on 13 August 2019. The Survey will be conducted in January 2020.
8. (a) Swachh Nagar App
Minister of State for Housing & Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri recently launched SBM Water PLUS Protocol and Toolkit, Swachh Survekshan 2020 Toolkit, Swachh Nagar and mSBM Apps while launching the Swachh Survekshan 2020.