Rare Disease Policy Draft: Govt proposes to give Rs 15 lakh aid
According to the reports published in various media houses, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) will be established. This council will prepare a database of beneficiaries of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme. Rare disease policy will be helpful for lakhs of poor people in the country.
• The ICMR will identify people suffering from rare diseases and provide financial assistance up to Rs 15 lakh for their treatment.
• The draft highlights the fact that hospitals will be selected through crowd-funding and for the treatment of rare diseases to provide financial assistance to the victims.
• The draft proposes to set up a separate digital platform for voluntary crowd-funding.
• The draft states that the government wants to create an alternative mechanism for providing financial facilities to provide maximum health services to the people.
• A digital platform will be formed under this scheme.