GSAT 30 to be launched on January 17: All you need to know!
GSAT-30 communication satellite will be launched aboard Ariane 5 launch vehicle (VA 251) from French Guiana at 2:35 am IST on January 17. The satellite with an approximate weight of 3357 kg will have a mission life of more than 15 years.
GSAT 30 will serve as a replacement to INSAT-4A spacecraft services with enhanced coverage. The satellite will be launched along with the European Space Company’s telecommunication satellite- Eutelsat Konnect.
GSAT 30: All you need to know
• The Indian space agency is collaborating with the European aerospace company Arianespace to launch GSAT-30 communication satellite.
• The satellite will be launched along with the European Space Company’s telecommunication satellite- Eutelsat Konnect.
• The launch will mark Ariane V launch vehicle’s 107th flight. The launch vehicle will first place the GSAT-30 in its designated orbit, followed by the release of Konnect. The full mission is expected to last for about 38 minutes and 25 seconds.
• GSAT 30 is India’s communication satellite, which has been configured to provide communication services from geostationary orbit in C and Ku bands.
• The satellite derives its heritage from ISRO’s previous INSAT/GSAT satellite series. It will replace INSAT-4A spacecraft services with enhanced coverage.