Current Affairs Quiz: 8 November 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) status, SPG security cover and Panipat movie controversy among others.
8 November 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) status, SPG security cover and Panipat movie controversy among others.
1. Whose Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) status was withdrawn by the Home Ministry?
a) Aatish Taseer
b) Salman Taseer
c) Tavleen Singh
d) Iqbal Taseer
2. The SPG cover will now only be provided to which among the following?
a) President of India
b) Vice President of India
c) Prime Minister of India
d) Chief Justice of India
3. Which upcoming Bollywood movie has stirred fears of impacting India’s relations with Afghanistan over the portrayal of a character, Ahmad Shah Abdali?
d) Commando 3
4. The citizens of which among the following countries are not eligible for the OCI card?
a) China, Pakistan
b) Pakistan, Bangladesh
c) Bangladesh, Myanmar
d) US, China
5. Which Indian batsman has recently set a record of playing 100th T20 International match?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Shikhar Dhawan
d) MS Dhoni
6. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has been re-elected as the President of which country?
7. Which of the following countries will host the conference ‘No Money for Terror 2020’?
8. When is the World Science Day for Peace and Development observed every year?
a) 8th November
b) 9th November
c) 10th November
d) 11th November
9. Which of the following leaders would be inaugurating the Kartarpur Corridor check post on 9th November 2019?
a) Ram Nath Kovind
b) Narendra Modi
c) Captain Amarinder Singh
d) Nitin Gadkari
10. Which State’s Chief Minister resigned recently on November 8, 2019?
b) Madhya Pradesh
1. (a) Aatish Taseer
Journalist Aatish Taseer’s OCI status was cancelled by the Home Ministry on November 8, 2019for concealing that his late father was of Pakistani origin. Aatish Taseer is an Indian-origin journalist with British citizenship.
2. (c) Prime Minister
The Union Government has withdrawn the SPG security cover provided to the Gandhi family. PM Narendra Modi will now be the only person to be provided with SPG cover.
The Panipat trailer has stirred fears of affecting India’s ties with Afghanistan after its depiction of Afghan king Ahmad Shah Abdali was labeled as insensitive and ruthless by many Afghans. Ahmad Shah Abdali is known as the founder of modern Afghanistan.
4. (b) Pakistan, Bangladesh
No person who has previously been a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh is eligible for the Overseas Citizen of India status. Even those, whose parents, grandparents or great grandparents were citizens of Pakistan or Bangladesh not eligible to apply.
5. (b) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma set a record of playing the 100th T20I match. He is the first male cricketer to make this record. Harmanpreet Kaur has played 100 T20 cricket match before him. Rohit Sharma scored 85 runs in the match.
6. (d) UAE
Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan was elected as the president of UAE in 2004 for the first time. He has been elected for the second time now. Earlier, his father was holding this position.
7. (a) India
Union Minister of State for Home Kishan Reddy said that the ‘No Money for Terror’ conference will be held in India in 2020. Australia is hosting the conference this year. Total 65 countries including India have participated in this conference.
8. (c) 10th November
The World Science Day for Peace and Development is observed every year on November 10, 2019 with an aim to spread awareness about the role that science plays to ensure sustainable societies. The aim of World Science Day for Peace and Development 2019 is “Open science, leaving no one behind”.
9. (b) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be inaugurating the Kartarpur Corridor Check Post on November 9, 2019 at Dera Baba Nanak, Gurdaspur in Punjab. This integrated check post would allow Indian Piligrims to visit Gurudwara Kartapur Sahib of Pakistan.
10. (c) Maharashtra
Devendra Fadnavis resigned as Maharashtra Chief Minister on November 8, 2019 following the failure of BJP-Shiv Sena alliance to form a government in the state. Maharashtra witnessed its assembly elections on October 21, 2019, wherein BJP-Shiv Sena alliance won over 160 seats.
Download our Current Affairs & GK app For exam preparation
डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए