Current Affairs Quiz: 11 November 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Swachh – Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan 2019, 11th BRICS Summit and National Education Day 2019 among others.
11 November 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Swachh – Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan 2019, 11th BRICS Summit and National Education Day 2019 among others.
1. Which Ministry has launched the Swachh – Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan 2019?
a)Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
b)Ministry of Jal Shakti
c)Ministry of Water Resources
d)Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation
2. Which country will host 2023 Men’s Hockey World Cup?
3. The Comprehensive Development Plan of which Union Territory was approved recently for its development by 2036?
c)Daman & Diu
d)Andaman & Nicobar Islands
4. Who has become the fastest Indian cricketer to take 50 T20I wickets?
5. Who resigned as the Union Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises citing moral reasons?
6. Which country has retained H-1B visa rule giving work permit to spouses of Indians living in the nation?
7. Which country is hosting 11th BRICS Summit from 13th to 14th November 2019?
8. When National Education Day 2019 is observed?
9. What is the name of the former Election Commissioner, who has passed away recently, who was strongly advocated electoral reforms in India?
b)Dr. Nagendra Singh
10. Which party has won the maximum seats in Spain’s General elections?
a)Conservative Popular Party
b)Socialist Workers’ Party
1. (a) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change launched a a mass cleanliness drive “Swachh – Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan” to make beaches clean and create awareness amongst the citizens. The cleanliness drive will be undertaken at 50 identified beaches during November 11-17, 2019.
2. (b) India
India will host the Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023. The tournament will be held from January 13 to January 29, 2023. The announcement regarding this was made by the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
3. (b) Puducherry
Puducherry Government has approved the Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP) for the overall growth of the coastal town by 2036. The plan focuses on infrastructure, transportation, housing, tourism, water and other sectors.
4. (a) Yuzvendra Chahal
Yuzvendra Chahal has become the fastest Indian bowler to take 50 T20I wickets by getting there in 34 matches, beating Jasprit Bumrah and R Ashwin who took 42 and 46 innings respectively to achieve the feat. Chahal reached the milestone durind the 3rd and final T20I between India and Bangladesh at the VCA Stadium in Nagpur.
5. (d) Arvind Sawant
Shiv Sena’s Arvind Sawant has resigned from his post of Union Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises in the Union Cabinet, citing moral reasons.
6. (a) US
The United States has retained the H-1B visa rule giving work permit to spouses. The decision brings relief to thousands on Indians living in the United States. The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign workers to get employment in the US companies in speciality occupations. Indian women are the biggest benefactors of the rule.
7. (d) Brazil
Brazil is the host country of 11th BRICS Summit 2019. Theme for this year is – BRICS: Economic Growth for an Innovative Future’. BRICS is a group of five emerging economies – Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
8. (b) 11 November
Every year National Education Day is observed on November 11. This day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of India’s first education minister Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. He was awarded Bharat Ratna in 1992.
9. (d) TN Seshan
TN Seshan was passed away on 10 November 2019. He was 10th Chief Election Commissioner of India. He was known as the strongest and most strict CEC of India. TN Seshan is remembered for promoting transparency and fairness in elections.
10. (b) Socialist Workers’ Party
The Socialist Workers’ Party has won the maximum number of seats in Spain’s general election results, which came out on November 10. The party won 120 seats out of a total of 350 seats, falling short of clear majority.
Download our Current Affairs & GK app For exam preparation
डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए