Current Affairs in Short: 19 September 2019
Delhi Police has launched a new mobile app called ‘Tatpar’ to file FIR through mobile or to pay traffic challans online.
Delhi Police launched ‘Tatpar’ mobile app
• Delhi Police has launched a new mobile app called ‘Tatpar’ to file FIR through mobile or to pay traffic challans online.
• ‘Tatpar’ included 50 citizen-friendly services of Delhi Police. One can locate the nearest police station and PCR van through this app.
• Various services like checking complaint status, servant verification, payment of traffic challans, reporting of stolen items and searching for stolen vehicles can be done at this app.
Four CJs appointed as Supreme Court Judges
• The total strength of Supreme Court Judges has gone up to 34 with the recent appointment of four new Judges.
• These four Chief Justices of various High Courts are – Rajasthan High Court Chief Justice S. Ravindra Bhat, Himachal Pradesh High Court Chief Justice V. Ramasubramanian, Kerala High Court Chief Justice Hrishikesh Roy and Haryana High Court Chief Justice Krishna Murari.
• Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi led Collegium recommended their names for appointment to the Supreme Court.
MIS portal for under Accessible India Campaign launched
• A Management Information System (MIS) has been developed by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
• This portal will work as a single-window platform for monitoring the progress being made against each target of Accessible India Campaign.
• A real-time data will be maintained while it will be user-friendly for Divyangjans.
Telangana announces 2020 as Artificial Intelligence year
• Several programmes related to Artificial Intelligence will be started in various educational institutions across the State.
• IIT Kharagpur is also launching its regional centre in Telangana to boost Artificial Intelligence in the state.
• Telangana is the first state who signed up with Niti Aayog for various AI-based projects in the state.