Current Affairs in Short: 17 September 2019
Ajay Kumar Singh, a Political Journalist, has been appointed as the press secretary of President Ram Nath Kovind.
AK Singh appointed new Press Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind
• Ajay Kumar Singh, a Political Journalist, has been appointed as the press secretary of President Ram Nath Kovind.
• The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the name of Ajay Kumar Singh as a Press Secretary to the President Ram Nath Kovind.
• Ajay Kumar Singh worked in various organizations during his career like Times of India, Hindustan Times, Business Standard, and Star News among others.
Ministry of Mines allows SAIL to offload 25% of iron ore production
• Ministry of Mines said that 7 million tonnes of iron ore, produced at its different mines in the States of Jharkhand, Odisha and Chattisgarh, can be offloaded by SAIL to the domestic market.
• Now, SAIL will be able to not only fulfil its own requirement but also to partially cater to the shortfall in domestic iron ore requirement.
• One more order was issued on the same day, according to the order SAIL has also been allowed to dispose of the old stock of 70 Million Tonnes of low-grade iron fines and ores.
Rs. 2.05 cr fine slapped on ONGC for norm violation in Assam
• Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has been fined by The Pollution Control Board (PCB), Assam, for violating environment protection norms in the Assam.
• The PCB’s order said that ONGC was found guilty for violation of environmental laws in six wells of the state-owned energy behemoth in Assam.
• ONGC has been asked to deposit Rs. 2.05 cr within one month of issuance of the order.
NASA’s microwave oven-sized CubeSat to lunar orbit
• NASA is planning to send a microwave oven sized CubeSat to lunar orbit to collect technical data before its manned mission to the Moon.
• NASA is mapping its Artemis Mission including the first woman and a man on the Moon by 2024.
• This CubeSat mission has been given a name – Cislunar Autonomous Positioning System Technology Operations and Navigation Experiment (CAPSTONE).