Current Affairs in Short: 15 January 2020
• National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) has recently launched a real estate portal to potential home buyers on January 14, 2020.
• NAREDCO’s portal www.HousingForAll.Com will offer ready-to-move properties with a construction completion certificate. The report highlights that about one lakh ready-to-move hoes are available in the country.
• The portal will provide its services to the real estate agents only. NAREDCO expecting to get listed more than 1,000 projects.
First phase of Mumbai Trans Harbour Link inaugurated
• The Chief Minister of Maharashtra Uddhav Thackeray launched the first phase of Mumbai Trans Harbor Link (MTHL) on January 15, 2020. It is the country’s longest sea bridge.
• The bridge is expected to be completed by 2022. It will shorten the distance between Mumbai and Navi Mumbai by 30 minutes.
• The estimated cost of this bridge is about Rs 14260 crore. Japan International Co-operation Agency (JICA) is providing a loan for the construction of this bridge.
IMD Foundation Day observed
• The India Meteorological Department (IMD) observed its 145th foundation day on January 15, 2020. The day is celebrated by the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
• Five observatories of the Indian Meteorological Department have been recognized by the World Meteorological Organization, which are located at Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Panji.
• Its headquarters is located in New Delhi. IMD runs hundreds of research stations from India to Antarctica.