Current Affairs in Short: 12 July 2019
• Andhra Pradesh chief minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has announced a natural calamity fund of Rs. 2,000 crore to mitigate drought conditions and tackle drinking water scarcity in the state.
• The announcement was made on the first day of the 14-day budget session of the Legislative Assembly.
• Andhra Govt. also had to pay Rs.7 lakh compensation to the families of the farmers who committed suicides due to crop failure and debt.
India elevates 27.1 crore people from poverty between 2006-16: UN Report
• The 2019 global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) from the UN Development Programme (UNDP) said that India lifted 271 million people out of poverty between 2006 and 2016.
• The report said that within these 10 countries, data shows that 270 million people moved out of multidimensional poverty from one survey to the next.
• In India, there were 271 million fewer people in poverty in 2016 than in 2006, while in Bangladesh the number dropped by 19 million between 2004 and 2014.
Bharat Forge JV gets USD 100 million order from Israeli defence firm