• Most of established democracies faces challenge of expansion. This involves applying basic principle of democratic government across all regions, different social groups and various institutions. Ensuring greater power to local governments, extension of federal principle to all units of federation, inclusion of women and minority groups., falls under this challenge.
• other challenge is deepening of democracy which is faced by every democracy in one form or another. This involves strengthening of institutions and practices of democracy.
• law has an important role to play in political reform. A carefully devised change in law can help to discourage wrong political practices and encourage good ones.
• Democratic reforms are to be brought about principally through political practice. Therefore, main focus of political reforms should be on ways to strengthen democratic practice.
• Any proposal for political reforms should think not only about what is a good solution but about who will implement it and how.