• There are many different ways of growing up.
• Societies make clear distinctions between boys and girls. This begins from a very young age.
• Boys and girls are given different toys to play with.
• roles men and women play or work they do, is not valued Equally. Men and women do not have same status in society.
Housework and Domestic Workers
• main responsibility for housework like looking after family lies with women.
• work that women do within home is not recognised as work, and they are not paid for it. Housework is very time-consuming. Society devalues this work.
• Domestic workers do a lot of work like cleaning, washing clothes.
• Most domestic workers are women. They are paid less, and they do not have value in society.
Women’s work and Equality
• work that women do within home is not recognised as work and they are not paid for it.
• Women do a lot of work like cleaning, washing clothes.
• Most domestic workers are women. They are paid less, and they do not have equal value in society.
• provision of crèches helps many women to take up employment outside home. It makes it possible for more girls to attend school.
• Gender Equality is one of Sustainable Development Goals of United Nation.