AFCAT Online Mock Test Series
Mock time presents a comprehensive online test series for AFCAT based on new pattern. Design and difficulty level of questions is set as per the actual exam pattern (Including latest changes in exam pattern). Make a step ahead in competition and boost your overall score by practicing the latest online tests with us.
AFCAT Online test series Full Packages
Test Series Name
Salient features of Online Test Series
1. Based on New Latest Pattern
2. Instant Access
3. Detailed Solutions
4. Result and rank Analysis
5. Accessible on mobile as well as on PC
6. Can be accessed anytime 24 x 7
7. get latest GK updates
AFCAT 2018: Air Force Common Admission Test is commonly known as AFCAT. The AFCAT is an entrance test for the aspirants who want to join Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officer in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical). The exam is conducted by Indian Air Force twice in a year in the month of February and August. Advertisement in this regard will be published in the month of June and December. Interested candidates must apply online at official website before last date. Everyone must ensure eligibility criteria first before submitting application form. Information pertaining to AFCAT 2018 exam including eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, syllabus and important dates are given here in this article.
Quick Facts about AFCAT 2018
Name of the Exam
AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)
Level of Exam
Exam conducting authority
Indian Air Force (IAF)
Commissioned officers in flying branch, Ground Duty (technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) branch
Mode of Exam
General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude and verbal Ability in English
Availability of application form
Probably in December 2017
Branch wise eligibility criteria is given below.
Written Exam, AFSB Interview and Medical Test
Candidates can also check for CDS 2018 Examination
AFCAT 2018 Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must fulfil the basic minimum eligibility criteria prescribed by the concerned authority to appear in AFCAT 2018 exam. One must comply with the following requirements:
- Flying Branch
- Candidate must have obtained 60% marks in graduation in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or B.E./B. Tech. or
- Must have secured 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- Candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1stJanuary, 1999.
- Ground Duty (Technical)
- Minimum 60% marks in graduation level in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or
- Completed four year graduation or integration PG in Engineering/Technology or
- Must obtain 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- Candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January, 1993 and not later than 1stJanuary, 1999.
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- Must secured 60% marks in Graduation level in any discipline and 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- The candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January, 1993 and not later than 1stJanuary, 1999.
Note: Apart from the above, the candidate must be physically and mentally sound. Physically challenged persons are not eligible. For more info, keep surfing this article time to time.
Check Complete Information About AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
AFCAT- Top 11 Frequently Asked Questions.
Official notification of AFCAT-I will be released
Online application form availability
Last date to apply
Admit Card will be issued
Announcement of Result
AFCAT-II 2018 Important Dates
Official notification of AFCAT-II will be released
Online application form availability
Last date to apply
Admit Card will be issued
Announcement of Result
Note: The above-mentioned dates are tentative, actual dates will be updated soon.
AFCAT 2018 Application Form
As stated above that the application form for AFCAT 2018 will be invited twice in a year. The application form will be available in the month December, 2017 & June, 2018 for AFCAT-I and AFCAT-II respectively. Applicants can access the official website i.e.http://www.careerairforce.nic.in and accordingly, can fill the form. Candidate should check official notification time to time for latest updates. In order submit AFCAT online application form, candidates have to go through two parts i.e. Registration Part and Application Form Filling at official website. Check step by step process below for reference:
- Visit official career website of the Indian Air Force as stated above.
- Click on Candidates Login Button for Registration.
- A new window will open where you have to registration details.
- Fill the details like name, E-mail ID, Mobile number etc. in the registration form.
- On submission of registration form, a new Registration ID and Password will generate and sent to the registered e-mail ID.
- At the time of registration or form filling, one should keep all the documents for ready reference.
Filling up of Application Form
- Login to the portal using Registration ID and Password received on e-mail.
- Fill all the details as per instructions given therein.
- Candidates need to select branch, exam centre and subject of EKT exam etc.
- Upload your recent passport size photograph and signature as per the prescribed specifications.
- Submit the application form at the end after checking all facts carefully and take at least one printout of the same for future reference.
- Candidates must provide all the information carefully and correctly. If anyone found misleading the authority at any stage during examination process then the candidates may face consequences including legal action. His/her candidates may also be cancelled immediately.
How to submit AFCAT Application Form 2018: Check Instructions Here
AFCAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The candidates who are applying for AFCAT 2018 exam should be well conversant with the exam pattern and syllabus. The information about exam pattern will guide to the success in the examination. There will be a good number of applicants in the AFCAT exam and few one get chance for further selection after written test. It means you must secure cut-off marks for qualifying the exam. Exam pattern consists of information like exam mode, number of questions, type of questions, exam duration and syllabus of the exam etc. Check following information in respect of AFCAT exam pattern:
- First of all we recommend each one of you to go through AFCAT 2018 official information brochure in detail.
- Candidates opting for flying branch and ground duty (non-technical) have to appear in AFCAT only, whereas, candidates need to appear in both AFCAT and EKT for ground duty (technical) branch.
- The duration of entrance exam will be 2.00 hours.
- The duration of EKT will be 45 minutes.
- AFCAT paper will consists of four sections as (i) General Awareness, (ii) Numerical Ability, (iii) Reasoning & Military Aptitude and (iv) Verbal Ability in English.
- All the questions will be multiple choice in nature.
Best Books for AFCAT Preparation
The candidates should prepare according to prescribed syllabus for the exam. Candidates must previous year exam papers for having information about number of questions, difficulty level of questions and detailed syllabus. The syllabus for both AFCAT and EKT will different from each other. Also verify subject from official information brochure also. You can check AFCAT syllabus below:
- General Awareness-Current Affairs, Sports, Art, Culture, Environment, History, Geography, Politics, Basic Science, Civics etc.
- Numerical Ability- Number Series, Average, Simplification, Ratio, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Decimal Fraction, Percentage etc.
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- Verbal Ability in English- English Comprehension, Error Finding, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Jumbled Sentences, Fill in the blanks, rearrangement of sentences etc.
AFCAT Preparation Tips
Aspirants who are looking forward to appear in AFCAT 2018 exam, should prepare for exam with full determination. Candidates can check some of the preparation tips for AFCAT exam:
- First of all candidates must know about exam pattern and prescribed syllabus.
- Download official information bulletin for more details regarding the AFCAT 2018 exam.
- There are four subject section in the exam, give proper time to each subject.
- Make time table for subject wise study and follow it passionately.
- Collect some good books and study material for preparation and practice hard.
- Solve previous year exam papers and mock test for better preparation.
- Learn how to manage time during examination and it is very very important.
- Take good care of your health and do not take unnecessary stress. Eat healthy and Stay fit.
The eligible candidate will get admit card two weeks before written examination. Candidate have to download it from the official website before commencement of written exam. Hard copy of admit card will not be sent to any individual through post. At the time of examination, candidate must carry admit card to appear in the examination. Identity proof like Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, and Voter Card etc. are also need to be carried at the time of examination. Keep admit card safe for future reference.
AFCAT 2018 Result
AFCAT 2018 result will declared according to schedule. The concerned authority will announce the result of written exam first. Qualified candidate of the written exam will be called for appearing in the SSB/Interview. Later on, final result will be made on the basis of overall performance of candidate during the exam. Accordingly, final result will be declared at appropriate time.
AFCAT Selection Process
- Shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of marks scored in the written examination.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of written exam, will have to face Screening Test i.e. Stage-I Testing.
- The screening test will include Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- Those who will qualify the Stage-I, will be called for Stage-II Testing.
- Stage II will include Psychological Test, Group Test to check interactive ability, personal conversation with Interviewing Officer.
- The entire process will take at least 5-6 days.
- Candidate who will qualify the SSB/Interview, will go through medical examination.
- At the end, an all India merit list will be prepared on the basis of written test and interview.